Student Tech Fee Information
All students pay a technology fee of $5.00 per credit ($40 maximum) per quarter.
What may Student Tech Fee monies be used for?
All expenditures shall fund programs or projects that are in agreement with the objective of the committee. Expenditures may be used for, but are not limited to, endeavors that:
- Expand student access to current technology
- Strengthen and Improve access to internet resources
- Fund staff support for above projects
The Student Tech Fee has limitations.
Expenditures of Student Technology Fee funds must be in accordance with the requirements of Skagit Valley College, the State of Washington, and Federal policies and statutes (RCW and/or OPPM).
Limits on expenditures of Student Technology Fees are dictated by the Student Technology Fee Bylaws and cover the entire district. For more information please click the link to read the bylaws.
* Student Tech Fee Committee Bylaws *
Are there committees on both the Whidbey and Mount Vernon campuses?
Yes, there are Mount Vernon and Whidbey Island committees. These committees review and vote upon the proposals presented. Committees are composed of employees and students. Students have the majority voting position. Students are required to apply to be members of the committees. The Associated Students of Skagit Valley College select the students who will serve on the STF committees.
How do I apply to serve on the STF committee?
Interested in helping us spend $500,000 this year? Apply today — Mount Vernon Campus application or Whidbey Island Campus application. Deadline is Friday, October 15, 2015. Questions? Email Brian Murphy at Brian.Murphy@skagit.edu or Rosa (Lisa) Zenno at Lisa.Zenno@skagit.edu.
Who may apply for funds?
- Any member of the Skagit Valley College community.
- SVC Employees: (form presently unavailable)
- Students Tech Fee Online Application Form
- Tech Fee Proposals are due Friday, October 30, 2015.
- Results of the committees work will be available in Winter Quarter.
I have applied. Will I need to come to the committee for a hearing?
Only if the committee requests it.
Student Tech Fee Allocations – Mount Vernon
- Results of the 2012-2013 MV Campus process
- Results of the 2014-2015 MV Campus process
- Results of the 2015-2016 MV Campus process
Student Tech Fee Allocations – Whidbey Island Campus/San Juan Center/South Whidbey Center
- Results of the 2013-2014 Whidbey Island Campus process
- Results of the 2014-2015 San Juan Campus process
- Results of the 2013-2014 South Whidbey Center process
- Results of the 2015-2016 Whidbey Island Campus process
- Results of the 2015-2016 San Juan Center process
- Results of the 2015-2016 South Whidbey Center process